Thursday, November 1, 2012

So Glad I am Pack Rat Right Now :)



I bought a beautiful silver and gold watch years ago - I don't even remember where I got it from - it was so long ago. I brought it home and promptly dropped it on the floor and shattered the wat
ch face but I couldn't throw it out because the band was so beautiful.   It has been sitting in a box for maybe 5 years.

Today creativity and inspiration struck and I wondered whether or not my glass tiles could replace the watch face. They can! Also discovered that the standard size watch face for women's watches is 18 - 20 mm - the same size that I use for my earrings.

Then I wondered what it would look like if I placed one of my animal designs behind the glass tile.

This is the result!
This discovery opens up so many possibilities to upcycle old broken watches!  I am so excited!